Saturday, January 2, 2010

Black Size 6

Paige did a no-call, no-show for work yesterday so little ol' me got to work the 9-6 by myself. But it was slow, I got a lot done, and I was surprisingly very happy she didn't show up. It would have been a tight 4 hours working with her and there was probably going to be a lot of drama anyway. So cheers!! She is on her last straw, that's what Glenn said. Assuming she shows up to her 4-8 shift today. If not, terminated the next shift she misses. If so, she gets an ass chewing.

Aside of that I started to play World of Warcraft on the US servers, and that eats up my time. I have to fix the cable to my xbox so I can start playing multiplayer stuff on there... since the wire was fed into my room and taped up, it all got ripped down and now I have to staple-gun it. Just haven't gotten round to it yet...

Christmas was good. I think I mentioned this.

I'm off to England next week so I have been preparing. The last thing that has to be done aside of laundry and packing is purchasing Tony's birthday gift, which I will do on Tuesday.

AHHHH I'm excited.

2010 is looking pretty positive thus far.

1 comment:

Simon Butler said...

Good luck for the visit. It looks as it’ll be pretty cold for your first few days: it’s freezing and under a few centimetres of snow where I am, though it’ll be milder down on the south coast. Wrap up warm.

Though you probably won’t want to be bothered to do so, you can connect your Xbox to your laptop’s LAN port, and the link to the internet will be made via the laptop’s wireless connection. You have to set up a local area network on the laptop to allow the Xbox internet access, and have it turned on while you’re playing on the Xbox, but it’s an alternative. The method is described in the Xbox’s manual. It’s what I use, though with a desktop computer (setting up a LAN is straightforward enough, thank God). Since I have the only computer in the house, and it has a wired connection to the internet, and I have it switched on most of the day anyway, it makes more sense for me to simply connect my Xbox to my computer than to buy a router.

Anyway, I’m completely confident that you’ll have a good time. Just don’t get mistaken for an Islamic extremist and gunned down by the airport police.