Friday, May 22, 2009

The Wrong Size

Patrick took my measurements today to determine what size I should get for bra and clothes I bought online, since I've never been properly measured before. I can't recall what the underbust or waist measurements were, but my bust and hip are 36. My bust is 36.5, specifically.

I have no idea what this means, to be perfectly honest. I wasted plenty of money recently on some new bras that simply don't fit. I have been wearing a 34B since I got out of training bras, and the ones I recently bought are too small, too tight, and my breasts pop out of them. I have been stuck wearing a sports bra until I get some money to buy a decent set.

I have tried to find places on the Internet to tell me what bra size I should be getting with my sizes, but it seems, from my understanding, that unless I get some custom made bras, I am going to have to go for too big or too small, because if I want the cup to be right, the strap won't fit my under bust, and if I want the strap to fit my under bust, the cup will have to be the wrong size.

Damn. I just don't know, this shit is confusing.

In more happy news, I got to see Terminator Salvation this evening. I was quite pleased; it was much better than the third one, and Arnie even made a brief (CGI) appearance, which was gleeful all around. It's just not a Terminator movie without Arnie. A great action movie! I definitely suggest it if you're a Terminator fan. They really nailed the characters this time around.

And I also rented Interview with a Vampire. Will watch it later. Tata.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Try figleaves.com. It's a lingerie site that sells practically everything. They also have a detailed tutorial on how to measure yourself. The underbust is important, because the difference between that measurement and your bust measurement is your cup size. BecomingKate did a post on it awhile back too. Good luck!

Indantatia said...

I used to work at Victorias Secret..let me ooze my wisdom all over your busty self.

Measure your chest ABOVE your where your breast tissue starts. Then measure the largest area of your breasts. Every inch of the difference is a letter size. So if your chest is 32, and your bust is 36. You are a 32D. If your chest is a 33 and your your bust is a 36, you would be a 33C(and so on). If this is your measurement you would be best trying a 34C using the tightest setting, or a 32C using one of the loosest settings. If you really just DO NOT get the concept, walk into VS and they will measure you there. Most of them suck though, and try to sell you bras that don't fit. You have to find a bra you like anyway, or "size" doesn't really matter. Bra and bathing suit shopping is the bane of my existence. I shall suffer for the rest of my days. Welcome to my hell!

TigersandTrees said...

Alianna, that site was incredibly helpful. I forced Patrick to re-measure me and my measurements came out 31 bust and 32 underbust instead of this 36 crap (I knew it couldn't be right), and I think I am a 32D instead of a 34B.

Indantatia, I will have to get a third set of measurements. I will try both 32C and 34C as well as the 32D and see which one has the best fit, probably on my next day off... in... like... a decade :(.

Indantatia said...

yeah, if you work for Justice you won't get too many of those. I'm an LBR2 and they treat me like a slave.

Simon Butler said...

Damn! I’ve only just remembered why that title seemed humorous without my knowing why. From The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, where Arthur Dent asks why the foot-warrior is limping, and is told ‘His feet are the wrong size for his shoes.’

Your breasts are clearly the wrong size.

TigersandTrees said...

Very funny, Simon, but I've never read it.

Indant: I'm an LBR2 but I get treated like any other manager. Except for the fact that I am a retard, which they and I acknowledge. So it doesn't bother me. Although we did get 11 crates of freight in on FRIDAY and me and one other person had the pleasure of being handed the last 5 of bathing suits and told to get it done by closing time. D: It was hectic!!

Unknown said...

I'd stick to 32 band sizes. I'm a 32C/D depending on the make and a 34 really and truly does not fit right. The last time I was measured they told me to buy a bra that fits on the loosest setting; half the problem is that they stretch, so at least then, you can make them tighter because you have two other hooks.

There are a lot of different styles of bras too. Even if you are a 32D, you might like lower cut or balconet bras; they are different and they feel different. Indy is very right there. I swear it can be fun, you just need to go and try on EVERYTHING you can find in your size. Don't be surprised if you don't find many in a 32D; most places don't carry it. Figleaves is based in the UK (and I swear despite the larger price tag, their stuff is GOOD quality and will last if you wash it properly, so they carry mostly Euro sizes, but there's more range.