Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Encompasses Evil

Work work work, understaffed, work work work.

Bright side:



I get a new desktop. Though it won't arrive until May, unfortunately :(. I'm getting a 23" HD monitor. I havea 23" TV and while it's a small TV it seems like a rather enormous monitor... I can't wait though, building a UI in WoW for it, and playing all sorts of games is going to be freaking sweet!

Just need to... sleep until May :D

1 comment:

Simon Butler said...

I was wondering about asking you what desktop you’d ordered. I don’t know what options you’ve gone for with it, but it looks good. I tried looking at the Dell website to see if the PSU will run on both US and UK voltage, but of course it only gives the power. You should be fine though – I’d be amazed if any computer made nowadays didn’t.

As for the monitor, you’d be amazed at how quickly you adapt, and say “I wish I’d gone for the 24″/26″ model…” But 23″ is fine, as long as you’ve gone for a display size not less than 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 (the HDTV standard). It means you can (a) watch high-definition video, and (b) that you can get a lot on the display at the same time. That’s less important with games, where you may need to set a lower resolution to keep it running smoothly, but a larger screen is always nicer. I HOPE YOU CHECKED it was dual-voltage too… though as with the computer, it would be very unlikely if it weren’t.

Anyway, good to see you’re happy – and a nice title, by the way. :)