I don't ever pick up a newspaper so I am sorry for how old this topic is, but it needs to be said in this blog one way or another.
'On July 31, 2009, an editorial at IBD, criticizing Barack Obama's healthcare plans, claimed that Stephen Hawking "wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless."'
For anyone who has taken a 9th grade science class - or even a 10th grade Chemistry class - they would know that Stephen Hawking's was born in the UK and in fact, still lives in the UK.
'Hawking responded to the editorial by saying: "I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS... I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."'
I brought this up on Facebook and none of the republicans I am friends with (ie Mom) had anything to say about it. I'm willing to take Hawking's statement to the grave rather than listen to assholes who say that socialism is evil.
I think it's funny because Palin venomously opposes socialism, and its healthcare, but will be more than happy to provide a socialist healthcare service to those who serve in the US military, stating that "our troops deserve the best." So I have to sign away my life or be filthy rich to deserve anything past sub-par? Thanks.
Yes, Palin. Our military healthcare service is SOCIALIZED. Do you not fucking realize this? Do no Republicans realize this!? I don't get it, you guys are all on fucking crack or something!
The best healthcare systems in the world, as ranked by the World Health Organization, are socialized. What the FUCK, AMERICA?!!
God. I fucking hate America, I really fucking do.
Anticipation
15 years ago

6 comments:
Not to mention the fact that the biggest Republican base (older white males) are largely Medicare recipients which is...(wait for it) socialized medicine!
I found this program to be very informative on health care as it is practiced around the world:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112172939
Just click on the "Listen to the Story" button.
Don’t get me started. I’ve already written too much in comments in others’ blogs on the subject. I’ll just say this: if Sarah Palin had been born in the UK, she would still be alive today. Because, as in the US, we provide care and support of those suffering from terminal fucking stupidity.
I think it's funny how everyone Stumbled Upon the same thing on the same days.
Also, this was great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jng4TnKqy6A
*Stumbles Upon
Verb tense ftw
Haha, yeah. That article that chick wrote burned my toast. Or dude. or whoever. Especially since my mom is one of those people who feed you bullshit all your life and when you finally get someone else's opinion it takes a lot of undoing to look at someone else's point of view and actually make a decision all on your own!
Post a Comment