So I applied at Payless. It was the only place applied at. I was sweating it because I am running out of money kinda fast. I called twice last week and also called the district manager, Ann. She called me today and was like, "Hey, how far away do you live?"
"Like, 10 minutes."
"I won't be in town tomorrow so why don't you come for an interview right now?"
I think it took me twenty minutes to get dressed, mentally prepared, and get there. I was in a really great mood. And I fucking nailed the interview.
I start next week as a part time manager. The pay is only $7.25 right now but she said if there's store improvement and if I do as well as she thinks I will, I will get a big fat bump up.
She also said that if I wanted to, after a while, if I'm still working there, they might migrate me to Tulsa. This could be really good. They also do this program for helping put people through school.
I aaaaam so excited!!!! I just can't fuck it up though.
Anticipation
15 years ago

4 comments:
Managers get minimum wage? ... That sucks. I mean, not for you. You got a job. 7.25/hr is more than you were getting without one! I just mean, like, if you were a regular employee and then moved to being a manager, you wouldn't be getting much of a pay increase, huh?
Yeah, I had asked her about that. But in Oklahoma the minimum wage is like, 6.50 or something stupidly small like that. On my app. I only asked for $7/hr, and she said that if I do as well as she expects, then I will get to somewhere around 8/hr, and then regular raises as the store improves.
From the way she described it, the store is a total mess right now. It gets robbed all the time and half the employees suck at customer service.
Yay! Score!
Congratulations. I hope it works out well for you – and no, you won’t fuck up. I have every confidence in you.
Post a Comment