My first day at Payless was pretty awesome. The store, apparently, used to do really well, but then all of a sudden everyone quit and the store hasn't had a store manager for like, a month, and there's only been 2 employees (both key holders). So the entire store is a complete mess, it gets robbed all the time, and everything is... a mess.
I was training with the new store manager today, which is weird, but I like her and it sort of puts us on an even level where I don't have to be scared of her, or scared she'll fire me for not knowing everything that is going on and whatnot. I've already been around with the DM and then another store manager was training us today.
They are really grateful and polite and so, so happy to have new people working there. I got a call from one of the stores in Arkansas saying they were really happy I was a part of the team. So even though the store is a mess and it's going to be pretty much... work every day for long hours, it's gonna be a good thing in the long run. Because everything is a mess, we have to sort it out and put everything in the right spot... so will be good.
They also give good benefits for part timers, which I am getting asap.
I have tomorrow off but then my schedule is kinda shaky. I am hoping really hard that I get Sunday off, but if I don't, oh weeell. Tomorrow though, I'm cleaning my friggin room because it's a fuckin messhole right now. Clothes are everywhere from deciding what the hell I am going to wear since it's business casual. Which is cool, because I can wear pretty much everything except jeans and slutty clothes!
Not really much else to report... My life is kinda boring.
Anticipation
15 years ago

4 comments:
I’m glad things got off to a good start – I hope they continue well.
Don't get robbed, please. :( There have been 2 hotel robberies in town recently, and, working at a hotel, I've been kind of worried! The bar manager brought up a story of my manager getting beaten and shot after being robbed at his last job in town, and it hasn't made me feel better.
It is just a bunch of small white girls walking in and stuffing shit into their purses. No getting shot here, but thanks for scaring me :(.
In that case, YOU should take a gun. In fact take two: the other one to plant on the victim’s corpse to justify your act of shooting them in self defence.
Post a Comment