This chick named Amber that I work with is lazy.
Like, I'm pretty lazy at work... but I make up for it by being really, really good at customer service. And there are days when I am running around doing ten things at once and still get all ten things done with flying colors.
But she's lazy. When she works and no one else is there, she fails to watch customers, so shoes get stolen. When I scan the store when I come in, I will find one to three empty boxes with no shoes to be found.
She does not take the deposit. Okay, fine... sometimes you just can't do it before the store opens, even though the bank is like two blocks down the street. Whatever. But she could, when she leaves work, leave a message saying, "Hey, I didn't take the deposit, someone else will have to." Instead of signing the sheet saying she did so, not doing, and letting the people closing find the deposit AFTER 8PM. If our DM were to come in and see that, not only would she shit bricks, but she'd fire someone.
She uses really lame excuses to get out of working. She claims she does not actually know how to run shoes (put shoes on the shelves), even though she has done all the training on the computer and out of it and has been working here for 6 months. I learned from paper - paper she has access to. There's no fucking way she doesn't know how to run shoes. It is EASY, if tedious, work.
And most importantly, she doesn't give a shit.
She's 18 - so, okay. Kind of obvious. But really? When I was 18 and didn't give a shit about my job, I quit. I left. I just didn't bother anymore. but now I'm almost 21 and I have come to that point where having a steady job is important, and even more importantly, having steady coworkers.
Such as yesterday. We received 10 boxes on Monday, and about 15 on Wednesday. Monday's shipment has to be done by Tuesday, otherwise you get swamped on Wednesday. But as long as everything is out and done by Thursday, it's all good. However. On Wednesday, instead of cleaning Monday/Wednesdays men&children's shoes, she fucked about and cleaned maybe 20 purses (NOT hard... you open the box, take the plastic bag off the purse, put it on the rolling rack). When I came to work to find all these boxes in the back room uncleaned, unready to be run (since it was Thursday), I freaked out. I asked her what happened.
Her excuse? Her parents are geting a divorce. She only worked two hours. She had yesterday off.
To me, it sounds like this, "I was lazy and just don't care enough to give a shit."
If someone said to me, "Emily, you're being lazy, why didn't you clean the shoes while you were here?" I would have defended myself. I'd be like, "FUCK YOU I was fucking dealing with customers by myself during the busiest part of the day, I did everything I could and more, and look at how high my conversion rate was!!"
But no. What did Amber do? She sat in the backroom and moped. And didn't even think of a good excuse while she was doing it.
Listen, I sympathize with her about her parents. It's tough. But her parents, supposedly, have been "getting divorced" for almost a year now. And that's not a fucking excuse anyway. You fucking do your job, or you quit.
So on Monday I am calling Ann to discuss this matter. It's serious that she has been signing off on taking the deposit and then just not taking it and I am sick of it.
Robyn up and quit on us so we have no Store Manager. And with only 4 of us in the store, there's no room for anyone to sit around and be fucking lazy. We all have to be working. We all should take turns having our 'lazy' days, not picking up Amber's slack because she is incompetent.
Anyway, I brought this up to her, NICELY, I SWEAR, and she just I was griping at her to Dionne.
She was also supposed to close today but she called in 'sick' (she is always sick - always), so Alenia had to stay all day.
Ugh. Really?
Anticipation
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment