Monday, November 30, 2009

My Productive Day

Amber spammed the shit out of my phone around 11:30, about the time I hopped into the shower. My plan was to shower, finish cleaning, eat, go to work, come home, play Fable. I was scheduled from 1:15 to 8, which is pretty standard.

I get out of the shower and my phone is going absolutely crazy. I have 14 missed calls and 1 text message, asking me what time I come in. I answer, and it was a trap. She immediately sends me several text messages saying she is having a family emergency, and has to go, immediately. She's scheduled to stay at work until 3:45.

I roll my eyes. The first thing in my head is, "This isn't an emergency, she just doesn't want to work today." Because Amber never wants to work, any day.

But the pure being in me is saying I need to go in. But the evil side takes her time getting ready. I still show up 45 minutes early and as soon as I get there she is trying to apologize.

I was angry. It wasn't the coming in early, it was the fact that I knew she was lying to me to get off work early. If she had sent me a text asking if I could come in maybe 20 to 30 minutes early and let her go, I would have grumbled, but I'd have said okay. She put me in a position where me saying "No" would be a strain on my conscience. And that fucking pissed me off.

I walk in and she is ringing out a customer. She says to me, "Emily, I'm sorry..." and I said angrily, in front of the customer, "I was busy. I have things to do when I'm not working." and stormed to the back and put my things away.

Then I clock in, see a customer standing there, and Amber starts walking to the back. She said, "I'm really sorry..." and I just looked at her, I pointed, and I said so loudly it rang:

"I do not want to hear it, Amber."




I was glaring and unhappy and just pretty pissed off.

She didn't say anything, left, and thus my day began.

That customer asked me what happened and all I could get out was, "She's lying to get off work early so I have to come in early when I worked open to close for her yesterday." and she and I struck up a pretty awesome conversation from it.

But the freight that came was easy - however I didn't do a fucking thing to clean up the store. I ran women's shoes and cleaned the men's and children's and left Amber a note saying that if the store wasn't clean and at least half the children's shoes run by the time I came in at 1, Ann was going to get a nasty call about her. I also mentioned that tomorrow she is working her entire shift without complaint or excuse. And she was going to fucking work.

I had to make a lot of phone calls to the other stores because I had register problems and Smiles book problems. They all heard what Amber did and all of them agreed with me that she was just making up an excuse to leave early. I had this feeling that it was really true, not something I was just saying to myself.

Amber doesn't have a good reputation as is. She doesn't do anything, ever. She's on the verge of being fired and I told Glenn, our new store manager, that when he is settled, if he would please find a replacement for her immediately because I am sick of covering her ass. He was awesome and said, "Stop covering her ass then." and you know what, he was right. She leaves the store a fucking mess for me all the time, I decided to do it back to her. And I have the managers on my side because I am not lazy and I don't let people steal shit under my nose; I do my fucking job and I do it really well.

So, anyway, Dionne shows up. Amber had called Dionne earlyish saying that the sheriff was at her house because her dad was kidnapping her sisters, though he lived in Kansas or something. But then right before Dionne came into work, she called Amber to see if everything was okay and Amber said that her dad was on his way here (this was around 4). Dionne was like, "She lied to me and I know it. She could have worked her shift today."

So. I work 2 and a half hours with her tomorrow and I'm going to sit back and glare at her the whole time. I hope she fucking quits. At least I can get a lot of hours in then. I'm sick of her fucking bullshit.

I know Dionne is putting her two weeks in in another week - but she is timing it so we have a store manager around who can hire someone to fill in.

I hope this works out. I just have to tell myself that I love my job, love my job, love my job...

Anyway when I got home I got all the cleaning that had to be done. Now I'm ranting. Then I am going to play Fable! Yay. That game is so fun. I want an xbox for myself. Someone buy me one :D

4 comments:

Simon Butler said...

I’ll buy you an Xbox and an HDTV if you swear to tell everyone you know that you think Stephenie Meyer is the greatest writer you’ve ever known, and that you love the Twilight books, and that it would be really cool to have sex with a vampire*. And that Bella Swan is to be your role model for life. Is that asking too much?

As for Amber, ask her if she's ever wondered how little effort it would require to drive a stiletto heel between her ribs and into her heart. While holding a pair of stilettos and looking at her with a thoughtful expression.


* Really cool. On account of their being cold, right. Get it?

TigersandTrees said...

Done, Simon.

Simon Butler said...

Okay. When I see you say it on Facebook they’re yours.

Satan will have found another follower too. Your soul will be lost.

Kelsey said...

That job sounds awful. :/ Everyone sounds like they're just trying to screw each other all the time.