Sunday, June 7, 2009

I want something in my mouth

I went to Dallas with a co-worker of Patrick's, someone I've been playing Left4Dead with for a few weeks now, who I'd never met. I asked Patrick if he, Brandon, ever went partying and he said "No, he's kind of a geek." I immediately got the picture of a dorky, short, fat, possibly balding mid-twenties man who wore horn-rimmed glasses. I didn't really mind, I just wanted to play L4D.

Anyway, Dani went on vacation at work so our hours are all farked up, and they had to cut my shift from 3 hours to one which is chill by me, cuz who wants to work? not me, fuck that. So as soon as I got home Brandon jumps online and says he is going to Dallas, and would I like to go with him? And I said FUCK YES because, come on, the last year and some months I have been cooped up with Patrick. Patrick is great, don't get me wrong, but, you know, the only person at work I can hang out with always works on days I have off and vis versa and even then, our time together is sparse and we have little to do. The rest are all 16 year old girls with bad tastes in music and their idea of fun is going out to a bonfire and getting sloppy drunk. No thank you.

So Brandon comes to pick me up and I am excited because (omg) Dallas has really good malls and shit to do and Brandon's offered to take me to the Galleria (whoo), which the girls at work talk about all the time. So yeah I am excited.

He knocks on the door and remember, I am expecting one of those guys who rarely showers and just covers their B.O. with cologne, but even in expecting this, I am SUPER PUMPED to be going to Dallas. Anyway, I open the door and see no one, and then peek out a little further and there's this southern looking boy just standing there. What does a southern boy look like, do you ask? He's a guy, but he's got low set eyebrows and eyes framed by thick lashes, thin lips, a thin face, and is super tall. I have noticed that most southern boys look this way. He's pretty good looking: a whole lot better looking than I had originally imagined (and from what Patrick told me I was really expecting a train wreck). I was pleasantly surprised!

I stumble to get my bag, run to the back of the house to give Patrick a kiss goodbye and then say FUCK YOU SHREVEPORT as we drive away. :)

Then we have three hours to talk. We spend most of the time talking about music. Getting to know new people when you have the time on your hands is amazing. I love the feeling. It is almost better than sex. He was very polite, extremely careful not to touch me, no doubt keeping in mind that should anything happen to me, Sergeant Brennan would make sure he never saw the light of day again. But you know what, I really miss having guy pals, so by the end of the night we broke that barrier and were semi-comfortable with the small contact that friends/acquaintances make.

I had such a great time. He was so clever! Definitely a southern boy, bred in the South and raised in Dallas, with the same mannerisms and fierce loyalty to his country and anything he has dedicated himself to that most Texans possess.

We stopped at some beef jerky place and he ended up buying a pack of beef jerky for 45 dollars. Boy, it was the best jerky I ever had. Then he talked about all the things to do and malls in Dallas that we'd go to. We went to North Mall (?), the Galleria and Frisko. I did most of the question-asking. Like most guys, he mainly wanted to talk about himself, but who could blame him. I am awful at talking about myself and terrible at sharing stories, so in the long run I didn't mind at all. He was not at all like I imagined him to be! He had a nice profile too. It made conversing with him that much easier, I think. Not to mention he had this awesome smirky-like smile that made me smile whenever I saw it. Oh, and he made eye contact, which was so nice. I get so little of that nowadays.

We did a lot of walking and he was patient and didn't mind when I'd walk into a store and look around, albeit I'd only look around for a few moments. It was even nicer when he'd go off and do his own thing, and I could go do my thing, and then we could meet in the middle. We talked about a lot of things. The pervert in me, as always, wanted to ask questions about sex, but I refrained since that would have obviously been awkward so soon into the friendship.

I kept bumping into him. This is one thing I know drives Patrick uuup the waaall. I don't really pay attention when I walk, especially if I am looking at something to the side. So if I'm looking far to the right I will start walking left and vis versa, and I had to apologize so many times to Brandon, but he said, "I do the same thing, it's okay." And he wasn't saying that to make me feel better, he really DOES do that.

Although I thought he was super crazy for considering buying $260 jeans. Like WTF dude you can get a better pair for cheaper! And then he said this and then we agreed and moved on.

We went into a Hot Topic and he actually cracked a few Twilight jokes with me, which I enjoyed so immensely and laughed so hard at, and then I told him I really liked a GIR bag that was there and he said, "The one with GIR?" and I ogled him. "You know Invader Zim?"
"Yeah, I own the whole series."
"...Oh my God, I am giving you a hug for that."

I think I fell into friend love with him at that moment. And once I've decided to give out my love there's no way of taking it back. I have a friend. Be it mutual or no, he is stuck with me. :)

We passed by a chocolatier place and had to push each other away from buying and munching on it. I (of course) tried to turn him around. But then I got smart and said "Oh way there's a shop back there I wanted to see" resulting in us having to pass it like seven times. But he was no fool. He caught on to my game. Bastard.

We went to the Cheesecake Factory and nomnomed in comfortable silence. I told him I was very messy with my food and that I would not get pasta because I would try not to fuck dinner up too much by getting noodle sauce all over him and he laughed like I was joking. He was nice enough to pay for it and I offered to buy him a shirt, but the stores were closed before we could find a suitable one.

After the stores closed we went to Dave and Buster's and had a hell of a time in the arcade. I whooped his ass at air hockey and that weird horse racing game they had. We got, and I kid you not, over 850 tickets in like 2 hours with 35 dollars. Most of the games we played didn't give us tickets BUT I DON'T CARE, I had so much fun. He got all sweaty and stuff but he smelled good. Not like cologne, but like his natural smell. It was kinda sweet, not musky, which was weird. Maybe a little musky. I'd been smelling it all day and couldn't figure out if it was Dallas or him, but while we were there and he was perspiring heavily I figured out it was him. Again, pleasantly surprised! It's always so nice when guys smell good.

When we first got there we passed by one of those machines with all those stuffed animals in it and he goes "Do you like these?" and I replied with an enthusiastic, "Yes!!" and on his first try he got me a little bunny I named Fred.

Then later on there was one of those machines filled with the HUGE animals. He spent a few pretty credits getting me an awesome blue tiger, which I named Hitchcock. He thought it was very funny whenever I said 'cock' or 'dick'. He caught on pretty quickly that I absolutely love tigers, and when he saw it in the machine, he declared he had to get it for me no matter how many tries.

I was going to get a little candy whistle with all the tickets we accumulated, just to drive him nuts, but he said it wouldn't blow like I'd imagine, so I didn't get it.

We got back to Shreveport around 2am. I had so much fun. I was very pleased by the end of the night, to have made a new friend and get to know someone NEW who I could potentially hang out with.

More on it later though. This entry is big ass long. Oh my sweet Jesus.

5 comments:

Simon Butler said...

I wept when I read this; and not because of your spelling and grammatical mistakes. It affected me so deeply to see you write of your laughing – I did not realise you were capable of laughter – that my eyes misted over.

No! Cruel sarcasm aside, I am really glad you were so happy and have made a good friend: may your bond with him remain close. It’s been a long time since you’ve written of enjoying yourself so much. May your happiness continue!

Simon Butler said...

God! I’ve only just read the title! Change it before I burst out laughing and risk having a heart attack.

Indantatia said...

I hate when men tell me that it won't blow like I am expecting it to.



On a side note, I'm happy for you, and HOW was Patrick okay with this? The Tinmanwould flip his shit.

TigersandTrees said...

Simon: Sorry Simon, you're going to have to try not to have a heart attack for at least a few more years. I must chain you to a tether and force you to write birthday stories for me and my children in the years to come.

Indant: He said I was a big girl and can make my own decisions. Plus, come on, I need friends.

Anonymous said...

The malls you went to were Northpark, Galleria, and Stonebriar...

...anyways, glad you had fun here. I was over at Northpark the other day. My friend has an obsession with Ed Hardy clothes.