Monday, June 1, 2009

Pissed Off Customer

I ordered a dress from Twinkle in the Sky (located here), and it has been more than two weeks and I haven't gotten the dress. I emailed them a few days ago with my concern and didn't get a reply back.

I am really pissed off if they took my money. The dress wasn't expensive, 30 dollars, but they provided not even a tracking number to monitor its progress. I guess I will have to warn people about the site if it's just in it to take your money.

Man. I really liked the way that dress looked too. I wanted to wear it for my birthday. Which is coming up, by the way. The big two-oh... I'm getting old.

4 comments:

Indantatia said...

Those are really cute! Tell me if you get it (ever) that way I can shop there haha.

Did you call their customer service?Maybe, since you didn't get a tracking number, they never actually received your order.

Simon Butler said...

It’s your birthday soon? You should have mentioned it!

Yeah, small companies selling cheap items like this are always a bit iffy. I doubt it they’re just taking people’s money – they’re just slow and incompetent – but it’s still a pain in the neck if they keep failing to reply to complaints.

It’s obviously a small place. The site is designed and hosted elsewhere, rather than by them. They only give a PO Box number, not an office address, and there’s no phone number. It may even be run by only one person from home, despite the mention of a ‘warehouse’. They may all have been struck down by swine flu. They may have been temporarily snowed under by orders, or they may have mislaid yours, or the dress may be out of stock (or no longer available) – hence the need to keep emailing them regularly: daily, or in extreme circumstances hourly.

Presumably they acknowledged your order, even if they didn’t give you a tracking number. That’s your receipt. If you paid by PayPal, debit card or credit card then there will be a record of payment. If you don’t hear anything for another week your bank or credit card company may provide some sort of protection against loss. And they should be able to tell you the physical address of the company so you can go round and firebomb them.

TigersandTrees said...

Indant: I searched there site but they don't have a phone number, just an email address, to which I've yet to receive a reply from both emails.

But I know, they are really cute. And my account was charged, so they got the money via paypal.

Simon: thanks, your news comforts me and the loss of my thirty-one dollars.

Simon Butler said...

Hey! I didn’t say that! They’ve been in business for five years: they’re not a fly-by-night place, simply a small one. Just make sure you keep reminding them, that’s all; it’s probably just a bureaucratic mixup. There’s still a fair chance you’ll get your dress in time for your birthday.

And PayPal (who transferred the money to them) should not only have a record of the company’s bank account details and address, but they may also provide some sort of insurance cover. If the company doesn’t reply, get in touch with PayPal. It’s in their own interest not to be seen as acting for defaulting companies.