Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Follow Me

All right! Ulta is okay. I had my hair cut - the best hair cut I have ever had, seriously. I didn't have to fumble along trying to explain what I wanted. Priscilla asked, "Okay, what do you do with your hair normally?"

"Umm... nothing, I just wash it."

"Oh, okay, so you just want something easy and manageable."

"Yeah, that's perfect."

"Okay, and I'm guessing you want layers? Layers would be good. And how much do you want to take off?"

"Lots of layers, about an inch."

"Okay!"

And she did. Free hair cut, the best I had. It was wonderful. Afterwards, I got a free makeover too. It looked good but I thought it was too much makeup, made me feel uneasy in my skin!

Anyway, I decided to darken my own makeup a little. I applied a little more eyeliner and decided to use some white around my tear ducts and some various shades of brown on my eyelids - it doesn't look half bad. Not entirely different, either.

Also, I bought some bed head Foxy Curls mousse, because I've decided that I really, really want curls, and always have. We'll see how this works.



I got some fructis milk stuff to control frizz and a pin and clips. I got home, washed my hair, towel-dried it a bit, applied the mouse and milk, then twisted my layers and clipped them. I don't have a blow dryer to my great misfortune so I will have to wait for it all to hair dry which will take FOREVER, but I hope it's worth it!!

I'm excited, I feel like I'm finally becoming a glamorous girl.

3 comments:

Mandazoid said...

Awesome! I love those pampering days. I have a gift certificate for a half-hour massage that has to be used next week. Maybe I'll do something similar!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good hair-cut.

Thanks for the comment. Considering I've only ever seen one pic of you on JS (I lurked, a little; thank Simon, that's where I found you), I can't really tell you what to do about blue vs. pink. I would (almost) NEVER put blue eyeshadow on someone with blue eyes, so it's a pretty good bet it'll make you look a little trashy and not professional. I'd stick with lighter beige and even peachy tones (but not too orange, go for creamy colours). You could try a light violet - purple looks good on a lot of people. If you want to go for a darker look (prob in the evening) try an aubergine; you want something dark red, almost brown but not brick coloured. It's called a blue-red, but it shouldn't be red, it should be very purple, like a wine mixed with brown.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Show us some pics if you get any.

I go through those phases, but never want to put in the time to maintain it. Instead, I learn languages like Russian and read John Updike books.

A born geek, I am.