I'm nineteen, having been born June 19th. I like to read funny and entertaining blogs. I'm not into ones with political debates or ones that are depressing, being prone to shun bad news myself. My journal can get a little 'emo' sometimes, but that's to be expected of someone as young as me!
My life isn't exactly going the way I would like it to at this point. But it's a start. I have room to make mistakes. But enough of that!
I like to MUD. MUDs are more commonly known as text adventures. Instead of graphics, you have text, such as:
5428h, 3050m, 5740e, 6p exkb<>-
Having no other option, you call down an inquisition upon Shikha. A pillar of
holy fire strikes her from the heavens, leaving her standing there frozen with
an expression of terror on her face.
5428h, 2200m, 5740e, 0p xkb<>-Mana below half!!!
5428h, 2200m, 5740e, 0p xkb<>-
You find that you are not yet ready to perform that feat.
5428h, 2350m, 5740e, 0p xkb<>-
Shikha glows with a white light.
5428h, 2350m, 5740e, 1p xkb<>-
Shikha IS PREPARED FOR INFIDEL/INQUISITION!
You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.
5428h, 2350m, 5740e, 1p xkb<>-
(House Aurendil): Malicia says, "Fling."
5428h, 2350m, 5740e, 1p xkb<>-
You have recovered equilibrium.
Passive mode.
5428h, 2613m, 5740e, 1p exkb<>-
You are already an insomniac.
5428h, 2513m, 5740e, 1p exkb<>-
You take a long drag off your pipe.
5428h, 2513m, 5740e, 1p exkb<>-
Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
You fling the Soulless tarot card at Shikha and upon impact, it disappears. An
YOU FLUNG A SOULLESS! YOU FLUNG A SOULLESS! YOU FLUNG A SOULLESS! YOU FLUNG A SOULLESS! SOULLESS FLUNG
ominous silence overtakes your surroundings.
5428h, 2463m, 5740e, 1p ekb<>-
You may drink another health, mana, or bromide potion.
5428h, 2463m, 5740e, 1p ekb<>-
(House Aurendil): Malicia says, "Fling."
5428h, 2463m, 5740e, 1p ekb<>-Angel hits in 3
Placeus arrives from the ether.
5428h, 2726m, 5740e, 1p ekb<>-2
Liam rolls his eyes.
5428h, 2726m, 5740e, 1p ekb<>-1
You have recovered balance on all limbs.
5428h, 2726m, 5740e, 1p exkb<>-
Shikha glows with a white light.
Shikha IS PREPARED FOR INFIDEL/INQUISITION!
5428h, 2726m, 5740e, 1p exkb<>-
A celestial archangel's eyes shoot forth beams of holy light that strike Shikha,
whose body quakes upon the impact.
5428h, 2726m, 5740e, 1p exkb<>-
You may be healed by a scroll again.
5428h, 2726m, 5740e, 1p exkb<>-
A swirling void of darkness opens up before Shikha, emanating a mad alien
presence. She whimpers as tendrils of icy smoke leap out and bore into her body.
As the void slams shut, she screams in abject terror, and you cannot help but
watch in fascination as her soul is ripped asunder from her body.
The ominous silence lifts as your concentration is broken.
You have slain Shikha.
Your karma falls in response to your deeds.
Shikha drops an arnica bud.
Shikha drops a firmly packed snowball.
Shikha drops the corpse of a beatific cherub.
The voice of Avechna whispers in your mind a warning about initiating combat
with Shikha.
5428h, 2876m, 5740e, 2p exkb<>-
Confusing to most. This is the killing blow to someone after an inquisition. I'm really overpowered.
Anyway, I'm terrified of graphics games and won't play anything that's not Zelda or Animal Crossing on the Wii or DS. I will watch other people play them (such as watching Patrick play Fallout 3), but don't like to play them myself.
I hope that was enlightening and opens up a little about... what I am...?
My blogs will get more interesting the more familiar I get with this odd place.

4 comments:
I tried to leave you a comment yesterday, but it apparently didn't take.
Good to see you, Emily! :o)
You should so try RPGs if you like text adventures! Hehe, I remember playing those back on the Mac II in elementary school. Oregon Trail was my number one back then. You're really missing out, don't let new graphics or controls intimidate you. Graphics just make the game easier on the eyes, and controls can be learned for any game within 5 minutes of trail and error...or just reading the instructions. Let me know what consoles you have and the specs of your PC and I'll recommend some games you might like. Also, let me know what genre as well. Adventure, RPG, strategy, simulation, action, etc.
Brian pretty well said what I was going to say, only more concisely (no surprises there).
Whether it’s RPGs, puzzle-adventure games or whatever, the better ones can be fascinating and challenging to get into. They can either involve combat or not, and you can often set the level of difficulty so it suits you. There a lot of them around, often backwards-compatible if you play them on a PC, so many older games can still be played, and bought quite cheaply, or even downloaded free now they’re so out-of-date.
You shouldn’t be put off by graphics games just because the ones you’ve seen have been daunting. They’re not all like that.
Of course they’re not multi-user games, but it depends what you’re looking for. If you want a mixture of challenge and entertainment, they amount to pretty much the same. You should try early 90s DOS games like the Ultima Underworld series or the Eye of the Beholder series. I can’t guarantee you’ll like them, but they’re free!
And that’s to say nothing of the puzzle-adventure games, which were, and still are, very popular, and can have amazing graphics without needing a high-end computer. Myst came out about 15 years ago and is still stunning to look at.
Ultima is shit. Don't listen to Simon. He's old.
I can't figure this site out. Also, my book offer is still open.
Post a Comment