I play a text adventure, as mentioned before. I like text adventures. Unfortunately, mine's not very balanced. So it can be very frustrating.
Today, an event lasted for over seven hours. Actually, this event has technically been going for 1 week, 5 days, and today all us players banded together and for 7 hours, worked at a riddle that has been impossible due to vague directions, moody mobs, buggy puzzles, and... well, puzzles.
Have you ever tried to play minesweeper in a text adventure? It's not easy. Not at all. Especially when hitting a mine results in your death.
Yeah, take a piece of that and chew.
P.s. I did take a break to go watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Awesome, amazing, fantastic movie, I highly highly recommend it.
Anticipation
15 years ago

3 comments:
Really? I thought it looked ridiculous. I should have known better. I have been trying to loathe Bad Pitt for years, but he is in almost every single one of my favorite movies. The bastard! I will have to check it out.
I've been really interested to see that movie, though something tells me I should bring some Kleenex with me. (I'm a huge movie sap.)
With your penchant for text adventures and puzzles like that, I have to wonder: are you a fan of Lost?
I just joined a MUD about 3 months ago ... it is similar to what I am used to and it is pretty fun. Still, getting a higher level is made challenging and that is good.
Glad to have found you - I see we have the same taste in templates.
Post a Comment