Tuesday, February 17, 2009

These Things

I'm working 31 hours this week - not as much as when I worked at Lowe's, doing 40+ hours a week, but still, it's a lot compared to the 8-13 I usually get.

On Monday I worked 11am-6pm, and today I work 8am-3pm. Tomorrow I work 7am-3pm.

Since I don't own a blowdryer, I have to wash my hair before bed and prep for styling when I wake up. Otherwise I have to get up 2.5 hours earlier so my hair can be fully dried and styled before I leave.

Last night Patrick's friend came back from Florida or some place weird like that and we went to a restaurant to chill with him and all the army guys. We left as soon as I got home and changed out of my work clothes, which was about 7pm. We stayed out until 11pm, which is when I finally convinced Patrick to take me the fuck home. He didn't seem to understand that I had only planned on staying out until 9pmish so I could, obviously, be prepared for work the next day!

Let's just say it didn't work out that way. Around 3am he bumbled back home and managed to wake me out of the dead of sleep, which pissed me off quite a bit. I jumped up, turned off the lights, and went back to bed. He turned off my music (which helps me sleep), got into bed, and started breathing and snoring all over me. After that I got maybe 35 minutes worth of sleep until I got out of bed and went to wash my hair.

Now I'm playing the waiting game. Waiting for my hair to dry and trying to get it to dry faster by abusing it with a towel.

On better news, this won't have to be repeated every week, and my paycheck should be sizable.

Sorry I have nothing more important to report. My life is pretty hectic and I am in need of caffeine.

2 comments:

Simon Butler said...

You don’t have a hairdryer? My God! How primitively you must live: you should have one of these, and all your problems will be over.

Unknown said...

Or you could invest in a $20 dryer and avoid the hassle.