Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Let the Mess Begin

Sho. Right now I am living in the master bedroom turned living room in my sister's house. They have like an apartment type thing attached to the house, on the other end, where my sister's boyfriend's... uncle... or... cousin... or friend... or something lives. With his girlfriend. And they are moving out in two weeks (yay). So what's happening is, they're moving the living room to that apartment-type-thing on the other end of the house (the REAL living room contains a pool table that everyone hates but no one wants to get rid of), which will no longer be an apartment thing but a Chill Pad. Katie and her boyfriend shall move their oversized and massive bed into the master bedroom, and I'm going to get the tiny little room they used to be in.

Katie's handing me her sleigh bed, which is quite massive, along with an even massiver (note to seld: need to learn new words that mean 'big'), dresser, and an oversized desk for my laptop. I'm not complaining because, hello, free furniture, all I need to do is buy a chair for the desk.

Anyway my sister already got me a comforter and was nice enough to get some paint for me to paint the room with. A nice blue color and a more neutral, light brown. I guess over time I'll be buying stuff to make it more me/homey. I told her I was considering buying a platform bed with drawers underneath, but she got all offended and like ... scoffy that I didn't want her bed. Which is comfortable. It's just huge. Like FUCKING HUGE. But apparently they don't sell the type of bed I want in queens, just twins and fulls. Which sucks, because those are too small.

And that's all I have to report. My ankle still hurts but it's getting better, and most of the bruises have faded. I am hungry for salad.

Don't let your piano pupils play music without me.

6 comments:

Mandazoid said...

Dude, I totally want a sleigh bed! If you weren't way far away from me, I'd buy it from you. That's awesome that your sister gave you all that furniture, though!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 24 years old and I'm still sleeping in the twin bed that I've had since I was 12. I'm saving up for a queen, but when my fella stays with me on weekends it's a queen-sized air mattress on the floor for us. Bah humbug. >:o(

Simon Butler said...

Huge, gigantic, enormous, gargantuan, vast, colossal, very big indeed, quite large.

Simon Butler said...

I have just been looking up US mattress sizes. A twin or full is too small? A US full size is 54 by 75 inches, for God’s sake. My mattress is 36 by 75 inches! You want a queen size? 60 by 80 inches? For sleeping alone? JESUS CHRIST. If you were living in Scotland you’d have an entire family sleeping on one of those. With livestock.

*ahem*

Anyway, glad to hear your ankle is getting better. Good luck with the new room and bed. And you never know, that pool table could be destroyed in a mysterious fire that leaves everything else undamaged.

TigersandTrees said...

What part of 'Spoiled, selfish Americans' don't you get, Simon?

Yes, a queen all for myself. A king for whenever I share my bed. That's the way it works in the pros.

Indantatia said...

Simon, I sleep in Aaron's king. I can lay sideways and still not hit him.

TNT, Go to ikea. They sell beds like what you are wanting for really cheap. I heart Ikea.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80121338

Simon Butler said...

Shannon, I know you only put ‘I can lay’ instead of ‘I can lie’ because you know it causes me emotional pain. But I forgive you, because I am a generous soul.