Thursday, August 13, 2009

On the Move

We spent yesterday night until early in the morning painting the additional room. Since this room used to be a garage and was converted into an apartment before Daniel bought the place, it's craft kind of sucks. Daniel's ex-wife had a daughter and insisted that the room be her playroom, even though it's... freaking huge (it IS meant to be an apartment add-on). They painted it some ugly awful powder blue, which probably would not have been so bad if the carpet wasn't blue, and if the trim wasn't blue. And if they had done some sort of patterning or SOMETHING on the walls.

Anyway, we painted it over with a light green, then did a sponging over that with a darker green to cover the odd textures in the walls. Katie liked the test patch but hated it after we'd spent two hours working on it. It doesn't look good with the powder blue trim and the light blue carpet, but the trim will become a deep burgundy and the carpet is eventually going to get replaced. Junior and Eva, who lived as the roommates, treated the place like shit and the carpet is absolutely, horrendously stained, even after nearly an hour of going over it with a steamer vacuum.

However, it looks really good with Katie's furniture, which is black/tan/red combo. The finished product is going to look awesome once they get the money to finish. Since they just put a new AC in this room, they boxed it off with some ugly wood and Daniel has to go over it to make it paintable so it'll eventually match the rest of the place.

We have to fish out Katie's furniture from Dad's house tomorrow, too, and tomorrow is also the day that we start painting my room. Since Katie got brown and blue, I told her I wanted to use the brown and leftover dark green to paint trees in the room. I was looking at something like this, but can't decide if I want it to be so big. And I only have two colors: brown and blue (with the added dark green, provided Katie has no other use for it and it doesn't dry all the way by then). Since Katie's going to be the one who has to draw/outline/do most of the work, it's really up to her how big she wants it to be.

I was thinking about painting just one wall blue with a brown tree mural, and then painting all the rest of the walls brown (since it is very light). The room is fairly small so I really want to expand it.

Anyway, I'm excited, we get to move all the furniture and everything, and tomorrow I'll actually get to start sleeping in a real bed regularly, and I'll FINALLY have a desk and chair for properly playing on my computer.

1 comment:

Indantatia said...

congrats, lady. It's an awesome feeling