Sunday, August 16, 2009

STOP! It's picture time!

As promised, pictures. The room itself isn't very big, but both the cat Manic and the dog Jack are really curious so keeping them out has become rather difficult. Manic especially loves the bed (and slept on it for 14 hours), because it's Katie's old one and if one were to get close enough to it, they'd notice the claw marks he left all over it. Anyway, the dresser, stashed in a corner to hide all the cords from my laptop and things:



And a shot from the door of the bed:



And the most exciting thing, the desk, where I will be spending 98% of my time:



That's it. It is still pretty bare. Up until a couple hours ago it was just a bed in here. We still have to add the trees and I apparently must attain some knick-knacks to make the room more "me", though I kind of like it as is. We'll see about adding things needlessly another time :).

I am going to have to change the door handle tomorrow, with the one that used to be on the bathroom, because I somehow already broke the one I've got, and it's also so ancient that it hasn't got a lock on it, which I need. Dad came over and, as always, bursted through the door without knocking. Despite him having done this over a dozen times while I lived with him, and almost every time with me half naked, he still doesn't understand the concept of knocking. I think he thinks that trying to surprise people is cute, even though you can hear him a mile away. Anyway. I'll also be getting a ceiling fan so I won't have to deal with the noisy, ugly one in the corner. Soooon... Maybe also get a TV, we'll see.

But YAY, I have a ROOM!

1 comment:

Simon Butler said...

Congratulations. Looks good. And good to see you’ve got it sorted – basically usable anyway.

Yeah, the family members walking in has to be sorted out: parents find it difficult to adjust to the idea of their offspring growing up and wanting privacy, though usually fathers are so horrified with embarrassment at half-naked daughters they don’t need telling. Simply pointing it out is usually all that’s required, but sometimes stronger measures are necessary. Consider getting a doorbell, a CCTV camera and a speakerphone.

Anyway, thanks for the pictures!